Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Last Night Opps

I looked at my plan last night (which I was reminded that I have not posted on my calendar....sorry. Just too busy. Next week for sure) and realized that I was suppose to do 8x1200's and here I only did 5. I thought 5 was a lot so I'm not sure I could have managed 8; I was so strapped for time that there was no way I could get it in even if I knew 8 was on my plan (which I honestly thought was only 5). I've just decided this week is going to be one of those weeks where "just enough" is going to have to be "good enough." I cannot study 4 hours at night AND get in a couple hour run AND get my kids dinner AND pack lunches AND .... Sacrifices are going to have to be made this week, in every arena, including my running. Unfortunately. Next week will be the comeback and I'll run hard and hopefully well.

I did manage to squeak in a 6-miler while Brendan was at boxing this afternoon. It was 66 degrees when I left at 4:45; early spring has once again returned to the Rockies and I, for one, am a happy-camper. Snow predicted this weekend - of course. A good run, strong run, about 8:20 I think... at least at first. I watched the sun set over the mountains tonight; it never ceases to take my breath away!

Back to the books (won't you be glad next week when my class is over and no more whining about studying? You should read all the complaining I've done with it on Facebook :P). There's no way I'm going to get my weight training in today; two times this week is going to just have to suffice. Maybe I'll do 4 next week to make up! I heard my trainer (though not from him directly) is out of town next week so I guess I'm left to my own devices. And that's okay...I just tend to get carried away sometimes. One thing's certain: I need to hit the pool and get these muscles stretched!

Oh and good-ish news on John's dad: he's making steady progress and is able to get up a little and trying to speak, though it's very mumbled. The doctors seem very encouraged. Thanks for those that have asked.

6 miles run

No comments: